NOC is an acronym for the network operations center. In the industry of managed services, it is the monitoring and remediation of various network aspects for businesses. This is where administrators perform the supervision, monitoring, and maintaining of a telecommunications network. Companies with large networks typically have a NOC, which is a room that has network visualizations or monitoring of the networks. The remediation and monitoring services are performed for companies by NOC services providers to reduce the overhead and free up IT departments for other important aspects of the businesses.
- Power failure
- Router monitoring
- Failure of networks
- Virus issues
- Network devices
- Server monitoring and failure
- Monitoring of Servers
- Monitoring Networks
- Help Desk
Tiers are used to describe the levels of technicians, system administrators, service engineers, and others on the IT staff. ExterNetworks can determine issues before they occur. Managing of incidents is done remotely allows highly functional network operation centers to find problems before they happen in the network. The use of a ticketing system allows for previous issues that have been resolved to be created as simulations to help prevent the same issues in the future.
Level 1(L1) engineers will do analysis and troubleshooting of support tickets based on the standard that has been set. When they cannot fix the issue it goes to an L2 engineer, and even L3 after that if L2 cannot find a solution to the issue at hand.
- Data Management with a NOC The process of remotely managing data allows staff to be freed up for other tasks. This includes the creation of reports and monitoring the occurrence level of incidents and resolutions. The in-house IT team can then focus on maintaining, improving, and upgrading existing features instead of mundane, repetitive tasks such as scheduling, virus scanning, and email analysis.
- Network Infrastructure Installation Focusing on the business is essential to the development and making it as strong as it can be, so the network is crucial to the daily operations. Reliable support is needed for the installation and implementation of the wireless network. This means the system is set up to reduce downtime by the NOC management provider such as ExterNetworks.
- Minimize Downtime with Remote System BackupsRemotely backing up the system means that the network operations center can restore the system remotely if it goes down. This will save both time and money since the restoration is done without the need for calling in someone else or using the IT team. Less downtime and fewer internal resources being used means considerable savings for any business.
- Managing Operations Remotely - Handling Issues and Solving Problems Incident management is the solution for effectively monitoring incidents based on the events that caused them. The network monitoring team at ExterNetworks assigns the issues to appropriate teams for resolving them quickly. Dedicated teams will work on handling incidents even while your team is at home outside of working hours.